Saturday 8 October 2011

BETWEEN THE SHEETS

Great secrets are shared between the sheets, Great men and women have used this avenue to express passion and share long periods of exploration and achievement... Wait a  minute, I hope I have not lost you. I am talking about the sheets of paper that make up a book.

Now that I have gotten your attention, I need to ask one question, I am going to ask myself because I don't want to lie, you will need to ask yourself too. When was the last time I read a book that added value to my life? The answer is simple, Last week. I am so happy I could sincerely give that answer because before then I had not seen the inside of a value adding book for months. Please don't get me wrong, I know the importance of reading, I just dint plan myself well enough to stick a book in my bag for reading.

This is what I have been trying to say about hiding the answer to our questions in plain sight. Books offer a range of experiences from Authors who have accomplished greatly, people who some of us consider mentors. One thing I can tell you about accomplished people is that they always want to give back to the public, This is true because at one point in their lives they were just like me and you.

To connect to someone that cannot be easily reached, we must set up a connection. I understand, a book is one way form of communication. I solve that little set back by just seeing a book as the answer sheet to my questions.

When  I have a question I go to a book store and look for the most qualified person to answer my question. Wow now that i have said it i cant believe it came out of my mouth!!  If this is so simple why have i wasted so many years wondering the answers to questions in my mind. I will give the answer to my own question shortly

Its kinda of funny answering my own question, back to the subject matter. The answer is simple. 8 out of 10 times we know the solution to our problems. Sometimes we are even dead sure. The only thing is that we don't like that solution, so we seek alternatives. we go and seek counsel from friends we are certain will tell us exactly what we will like to hear.

Let me say it again, We know the answer but avoid it, We even go as far as to seek counsel, hoping to get an alternative. This indicates that most of the time we are the only ones holding ourselves back.

What a revelation or maybe not, I am sure most of us know this already. I am going to try something and see how much knowledge i will have in a year. I will pick a book a month to read and hopefully I will find some of the answers I seek.

See Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment